When selling through advertising, you’re faced with 2 choices, each of which you can expect to probably use frequently. Those options are display and classified advertising.
We won’t deal here with radio and television copy writing because it is really not something many of you will be using until you have developed a lot of mail order experience. Once you’re dealing with that sort of capital investment, you’ll probably have an intimate understanding of the fact that expert help is very important to the successful launch of any campaign, and frankly, electronic media are not our field of experience.
Classified ad copy writing is a very exacting craft, not an art within the way that display advertising is. It involves following a few simple guidelines and requires little skill. That’s why daily newspapers hire school and college students to take orders – and write – for their classified section over the telephone.
The initial point worth noting is that classified ads are sold by the word or by the line. This has a bearing on the way you write your ads, because if the ad is sold by the word, you’re not going to create an ad that includes a bunch of “a’s” and “the’s” in it. But in addition, if it’s sold by the line, it will be worth your while to include these words within the ad, as they’ll appeal to the better educated segment of the market.
So an ad in at a whole lot a line might read:
“The hottest thing in years. It is a household wonder you’ll cherish for a long time.”
The same ad at so much a word can read:
“Hottest recent advancement. Cherish this household development for generations.”
Both are about the same length. The very first reads nicely in proper English and the second used big, powerful words which will make up for awkward structure.
Whenever you buy by the word, that will be the case in most markets, make use of the biggest, most action-packed words you are able to think of. And while we’re in the subject of word count, just how you mark your address in a classified is also important.
If you are living on Dog Breath Lane, mark your address as 22 Dogbreath, except if in that subdivision, there also happens to be a Dog Breath circle, a Dog Breath Avenue and so forth, for which case Dogbreath Lane will do. It is possible to usually get away using this ploy, since these ridiculous two name streets are there to sell houses, not to satisfy the Post Office. If you live in Apartment 12, you can usually get away with 12-22 Dogbreath, which saves you yet another word. Never leave out the zip code, even a nine-diget zip code counts as one word as well as in many publications doesn’t count as a word at all.
In most magazines and a number of newspapers, your first word or line of type may be set in darker bold letters. Choose that first word or two very carefully. If you really want good results, do precisely the opposite of what most other advertisers are doing, or be different.
If you’ve got an income opportunity and CASH, MONEYMAKING or INCOME are the usual first two words, be a bit creative, perhaps with BROKE (no more! Try selling doogles! or HORRENDOUS) (budget, a thing of the last.)
The very first word or line will get your reader intrigued, and no matter how huge the circulation of the publication, you’ll suffer horribly if you’re not bringing in the reader along with the other advertisers. Those opening words are crucial. Like the man said, you do not get a second chance to help make a great impression.
As Soon As you’ve created the hook, hold the readership by telling him exactly what you’re offering. If it’s an ad to get more information, let him know what type of information and exactly where it can lead. Then drop the cost on him, if any as well as your name and address. If it is an item, in words that say a whole lot. It’s okay to pussyfoot in a display ad should you decide can afford the space, but short, sharp, to-the-point is really what sells from classifieds.
One minor point or style to remember, if you’re offering a bonus, leave it to the very last. ”Bonus with…” won’t work. A bonus or free gift is offered for one reason only: to hook someone who’s got not quite been sold by the rest of the ad. The offer of a bonus won’t work UNTIL they know what it comes down with.
Should you decide must do it yourself, here’s a number of steps you can take which will make the task a bit more successful.
Making utilization of the techniques we mentioned earlier, determine which benefit your client is a lot like to be most interested in.
Hey, there’s the lead for your copy! In big letters, you are proceeding to flag your ad with LOOK BETTER LONGER!
You may wish to bracket it top or bottom by writing in smaller letters:
“Da-don’t-run-run hose can help you “LOOK BETTER LONGER” into the Da-don’t-run-run hose.” If the client is interested in runless hose, you’ve got her. If not, forget it. Anything else you could use to get a client who doesn’t wear pantyhose will cost your clients who do use them, and that’s a waste.
After you’ve got the preliminary benefit out in the open, either explain it or be quite sneaky concerning incorporating yet another. So say:
“These pantyhose will give you the confidence in your appearance you won’t get along with other pantyhose…” or
“LONGER… and without blowing your budget. These will give you the confidence…”
but the simplest way to sneak in added benefits without the need of looking pushy is to say:
“LONGER! Without blowing your budget, these pantyhose will give you the…” with the new benefit as a prefix.
And, oh, it’s so much more intricate than that. It’s plainly a development in synthetic fibers that permits those hose to be superior, in order for must be included too, because the customer wants to understand why they’re so awesome.
Where do you discuss it though? It may be just as beneficial to get to it right following the heading, in this manner:
“LOOK BETTER LONGER! Thanks to a new advancement in synthetic fibers, Da-don’t-run-run panty hose will give you the self-esteem in your appearance you won’t get with other pantyhose.”
Then the money aspect. And just how do you really do that? Do you really result in the sentence longer or start a new sentence? YOU MUST WEIGH EVERY WORD WITH A SURGEON’S CARE! And what about a coupon at the bottom?
Get a word count, and fix it inside pretty narrow limits or you’ll bore the readership or allow no place for graphics or blank space, which you must need to some measure for appropriate esthetic effects.
Discussing graphics, what will you must use? Will you need to make your own? (Clip art used by most dealers is awfully tacky.) And heaven forbid, you create an ad founded on another successful marketing campaign by yet another company with similar products… and it works well that it sends their sales soaring! It could take place.
There are many firms, probably even in small cities, that focus on print media advertising, and many do excellent jobs.
You in Canada are blessed, especially should you decide live in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal or Calgary, given that creativity runs cheap in Canadian marketing companies and you get excellent work, furthermore we’re sorry to say this but it will generally become more creative than American firms of similar size.
The fact persists, even though, that you know your product much better than the agency, and you most likely know the way you want to sell it.
By just how, we’ve discovered plenty of graphics companies have some frustrated ad copy creators who could give you expert direction at minimal pricing if you will just inquire.
Be ready to take in all your valuable ideas during the time you can get your ad completed. Every bit of work you do on your own ought to be removed from the bill you’ll be having to pay for the task, as it lowers the time the agency or graphics house has to undergo to prepare the advertisement. Learn how to write effectively at copywritingtips4u.com
website design services in UK and Wales Promote Your Services and Products
It is hard to showcase services in a store, or office. The web allows you to introduce the service, the professionals providing the service, and how several services can complement each other. Promote Your Organization
People buy from people. People support organizations and causes that they believe in. A website is a fantastic tool to promote an organization and build trust — that is, if you do it right… A well-developed website can convey trust and credibility, making people to buy from you, or support you. http://www.kipmarketing.com/
Duration : 0:3:57
This series of short instructional videos presents web design tips for those creating a professional portfolio. Lesson 2 is about color choice.
To get the colorblindness simulation used in this video, I used http://colorfilter.wickline.org/. (I’m going to edit the video when I have time to add the credit, but for now I’m just putting it here.)
Duration : 0:2:43
Get your Website Design/Re-Design Development & Hosting Today
Duration : 0:0:28
website builder, best website design, affordable web design, web page maker, custom web design, drupal, how to write a cv, business consultant, business growth, seo company, seo tips, best seo company, professional seo company
, virtuemart, joomla 1.6, joomla developer
Duration : 0:1:18
I plan to install to install WordPress on the server and tweak the theme so it looks nice and branded. I don’t think that something special like registration forms or something else will be involved. Probably a gallery would be tho.
Probably I should have added this first. I am doing this for another person and I would like to know the average payment.
It really does depend on what the functionality of the website needs and how much you know and are willing to do yourself.
For what you want, probably free if you spend a little time researching what’s available to you and learning how to do some ofthe things yourself. Maybe a couple of hundred dollars if you outsource everything.
You can do everything for a website, design it, write it, create and edit the images, audio and video for it, develop databases, add things like shopping carts for it all for free if you do it yourself.
There are two ways to go, or maybe a mixture of two ways to go, use a online drag and drop interface or do the work on your own computer and upload it to your host.
You can get someone to design and create a simple static website for maybe $20 an hour on average. Maybe the total cost will be a couple of hundred dollars.
For a more interactive site, with all the bells and whistles you may be in the range of maybe $150 to $300 an hour and a website that will cost a couple of thousand dollars.
For something special you’re talking around $50,000 for the graphic designer alone with a total spend of around a quarter of a million dollars.
It’s hard to give an average because it depends where in the game you’re playing. Here’s a handy calculator that may help – http://www.designquote.net/html/dq_estimate_wizard.cfm
I’ll make you a website very cheap:
HarrimanAnimation’S Web-Design Service:
Located At JettsToyBox.Com
Buy Domain- $10 (.com, .net. etc…) Yearly
Add Hosting- $5 (For 3 Months)
Background Color/Image- $0.50
Make Logo/Banner/Images- $5
Make Navigation Bar- $1.99
Add Pages (W/ Content)- $2.50 Per Page
Login/Register System- $15
Scrolling Text- $1.00
Animated Image/Ad- $5.00
Remove (Made By Harriman’s Animations)-$5.00
All Above: $40.00 Save $10!!!
Labor Work: $15
Thanks and prices are final. Thank you!
PayPal Is Only Accepted
Send Payments To firstname.lastname@example.org
Duration : 0:3:54
http://www.mlwebco.com – In this video I discuss the best practices to designing landing pages. I provide some examples, offer advice and share some tips you can apply today to your own landing page design for your online marketing initiatives.
Duration : 0:9:58
Work at home moms make up a significant portion of home based business owners and work at home freelance professionals. While there are a lot of perks that come with working at home, the appeal for mothers is often that theyll be able to spend more time with their children. Keeping that in mind, here is a list of ten home based business or freelance job ideas that will allow for a flexible schedule that can be worked around family time.
1) Freelance Writing. Work at home moms can find numerous opportunities for freelance writers, both online and off. Because writing can generally be done at any time, it would be ideal for work at home moms who might only have time to work during occasions where their children are in school or napping. A good resource for moms interested in finding freelance writing clients is www.WritersMarket.com.
2) Blogging. Similar to other writing fields, blogging can be done at almost any time of day. Most blog networks that hire freelancers have posting requirements on a daily, weekly, or monthly schedule, but the time of day that you post is completely adaptable to your own schedule.
3) eBay. Starting an eBay business is a great option for work at home moms, because most products will sell on a 24-hour basis online without too much supervision. To make an eBay business even more ideal, drop shipping would remove the necessity of storing and managing inventory and making regular post office runs when you would rather spend time with your family.
4) Child Care. Work at home moms would be ideal for the child care field. If theres a need in your community, some options would be setting up a home-based day care center or even an after school program for older kids. Depending on where you live, you might need special certifications or licenses, but you would have the added perk of having other children around for your own to play with and socialize with.
5) Graphic or Web Design. Most design work can be run as an online-only business, meaning you wouldnt always have to run out to a clients location for meetings. As long as you regularly answer your email throughout the day, you can concentrate your actual design work during quiet times when the kids are otherwise occupied, or even handle the design work during the evenings.
6) Tutoring or Lessons. Having students come to your home for tutoring sessions with their schoolwork, or even music lessons, can be easily adapted to fit your familys typical schedule, such as your childs nap time, or on weekends when someone else might be around to look after your kids.
7) Arts and Crafts. If you have any artistic ability, an arts or crafts-related business can be ideal for a work at home mom. You can design jewelry, paint, make candles, or just about any craft you can think of. There is definite potential as you can work on your craft during quiet times or in the evenings, and sell your crafts or art at shows on the weekends. Or, you can sell your products anytime with an online store that will work for you 24-7.
8) e-Consulting. Similarly to how you can do design work almost entirely online, you can do the same for various forms of consulting if you have the proper training. For instance, you can consult on Web content, do marketing or SEO consulting for website owners, or adapt any kind of expertise into your very own e-consulting firm.
9) Research. Individuals and companies in just about every field have a need for someone to conduct research for them. You can do anything from genealogy research to market research by conducting surveys right from the Web.
10) Selling Information. Information is still a hot commodity, and these days almost anyone can set up a website. If you create a basic site, you can sell anything from ebooks to podcasts to databases of industry contacts or job listings. The possibilities are endless.
Not sure how to get started? Let us show you real life methods used by people from all corners of the globe to make money part time on the Internet. Follow along as 20 ordinary people share details on how they are making at least $100 per day online.
Are you interested in converting your articles to video like this one? Easily turn any article to video with animation, music, graphics, and a full voice-over. Check it out at http://kickbuttinfo.com/AVR
Duration : 0:4:48
BEST WEB DESIGN TRAINING IN HYDERABAD ,online web design , online actionscript training ,online php training ,TELUGU ACTIONSCRIPT TUTORIAL FLASH IMAGE ALBUM TELUGU FLASH TUTORIAL by 9676204179 http://telugumultimedia.blogspot.com
Duration : 0:9:41